RHS Loan Programs
The U.S. Department of Agriculture offers a variety of programs to help low to moderate-income individuals living in small towns or rural areas achieve homeownership. The Rural Housing Service (RHS) helps qualifying applicants, who cannot receive credit from other sources, purchase modestly priced homes as their primary residence.
RHS Loans are an attractive option because:
- Minimal closing cost
- Low or no down payment
RHS loans can be used toward the purchase and renovation of a previously owned home or a new construction. Families must be able to pay their monthly mortgage, homeowner's insurance and property taxes.
Items Required (for most loans);
- Last two months’ bank statements
- Most recent investment account statements
- Pay stubs for last 30 days
- W-2s and 1099s for last two years
- Last two years’ tax returns
- Real estate owned and rents collected
- Copy of settlement statement if you
- sold property in the last three years
- Purchase contract for new home (if you have one)